Unable to access Proxy servers after virus

Closed
YearZeroEvent Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday June 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2010 - Jun 9, 2010 at 08:50 PM
 Gervarod - Jun 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM
Hello,
A few days ago, my computer was infected by a virus. Now I'm not sure exactly what virus it was, but it was one of those that makes an obviously fake "antivirus software" pop up demanding scans. Also, when I tried to disinfect (I have Bitdefender Total Security 2010), it would pop up saying that ______ process couldn't be opened because it was a possible threat. I know that wasn't the case, because the only programs it blocked were task manager and bitdefender scans. Now, bitdefender kicked in and remover threat after threat for about 5min (btw it seemed like it was removing the same trojan/virus/whatever over and over, but I don't know for sure), and eventually the popups and scan demands stopped, and I haven't had a single issue. EXCEPT that now Internet explorer and Opera (opera was my main browser and the browser that opened the virus), Steam, and Games for Windows refuse to connect to their servers. Mozilla firefox still works perfectly fine, though. Has anyone seen this before? I'm alright with computers, but I'm no whiz, so any ideas at all would be awesome!

Related:

2 responses

kristain Posts 69 Registration date Friday March 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2011 20
Jun 9, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Run your anti-virus software often to prevent getting a worm virus. If it tells you that you have one, follow the steps to remove the worm right away.

Choose the "Clean-up" option that is available depending on the anti-virus software you use. For example, Trend Micro's "Housecall" lists each vulnerability and allows you to choose to remove them manually or remove all by clicking on "Delete" at the bottom of the screen. Click on the "Delete" button and the Removal tool will run.

Run your anti-virus tool again to make sure the worm is removed. If it isn't press "Delete" again and repeat this step until the worm has been successfully eliminated.

Remove the worm virus manually when the anti-virus tool advises it can not delete it. For example, in Trend Micro's "Housecall" it will say, "Some vulnerabilities could not be removed...please click here to remove manually."

Follow the instructions on the next page. This will take you to the Security Bulletin for that worm. Apply the patch by clicking on it and then follow the on-screen instructions step by step to remove the worm you have.

Double check to make sure the worm is gone. Run your anti-virus software again until it tells you your computer is clean.
YearZeroEvent Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday June 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2010
Jun 9, 2010 at 10:33 PM
I've run the antivirus software probably 20x as stringently as possible. It doesn't pick anything up at all. It seems the problem itself is gone, but the symptoms still linger i.e. not being able to use Opera, Internet Explorer, or Steam.
well you can download malwarebytes at this website...

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

you might need to rename it to kioskea.exe so some virus cant pick it up stop stop malwarebytes but depends what you got.

if you like post a Hijack this log list on here and we may take a look for you.

which you can download from.....

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

and someone may help you with this such as Ambucias can. thats if you still got the virus or problem.

Regards, gervarod