Can't download attachments with Yahoo mail

Solved/Closed
Andy - Jun 17, 2010 at 02:24 AM
 Tamsin Ewing - Feb 24, 2011 at 07:58 PM
Hello,

I am unable to download attachments with yahoo mail. Up until yesterday it worked fine and I've never had these problems before, I had made no configuration changes. I have tried re-installing Internet Explorer (IE 8) and Norton Anti-Virus but the problem is still the same. OS is Vista (unfortunately!)

The symptoms are:

The connection with the mail server drops out after selecting save attachment, sometimes immediately and other times some way through the download. Sometimes there is no error message but occassionally I get the following - "Internet Explorer can not download [filename]. The connection with [IP address] was reset."

Is the problem my end or with the mail server, I'm having no other problems, ie able to access internet, browsing sites etc is all okay.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Cheers

Andy

Related:

2 responses

mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 119
Jun 17, 2010 at 03:10 AM
Have you tried system restore go back to a time when it was ok.
Or try this Go to start
Type in CMD in the search box
Right click CMD in the search window and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
Type in IPCONFIG/RELEASE
Type in IPCONFIG/RENEW
You should have a new IP
Brilliant! This worked for me.

You've saved my life twice when this happened to me on a tight deadline!!
Many thanks :)
Hi mrrigga,

I tried a couple of system restores from before thr problem but for some reason the restores would not complete.

I tried your suggestions re. IPCONFIG and I can now download attachments as normal. However I didn't attemp to download immediately prior to making the IP configuration changes so don't know whether the problem was rectified at the mail server end or whether the config changes cured the snag.

Either way I'm very grateful for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Best Regards

Andy
mrrigga Posts 196 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen July 14, 2010 119
Jun 18, 2010 at 06:17 AM
Your Welcome