External Hard Drive case problem

Solved/Closed
graeme50 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday June 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2010 - Jun 19, 2010 at 02:41 PM
graeme50 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday June 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2010 - Jun 20, 2010 at 01:38 AM
Hello,
I have a hardrive from an xp machine that I put into a EXT hard drive case. It is very noisy to run. Have to turn down the sound. Also all the files seem to be locked . Message says that I need administrator permission to open. And only one file can be opened in Win 7 at a time. Take me days and days to open all files. Can open a folder and have all files open up have to open each filoe in turn. Real hassle. Perhaps not as easy as I thought when I bought the hard drive case.?

Related:

1 response

Try the following...

To take ownership of a folder

1.Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties. (you will want to take ownership of the my documents folder, if you cannot get that far down without errors, try simply the Documents and Settings folder.)

2.Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

3.Click Edit. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4.Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.

5.If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

6.Click OK.
graeme50 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday June 19, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2010
Jun 20, 2010 at 01:38 AM
Thanks I will try that.