Batch file to search for and copy files

Closed
adam - Jun 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM
 Kashyap_128 - Jun 24, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Hello,

I have scanned images (all .tif files) that are indexed in a certain folder "scans". However, in the scans folder, there are many subfolders and those subfolders have subfolders. I need to create a batch file that can search in the scans folder for a list of image numbers and then copy them to a destination folder.

So let's say I am looking for images 131, 135, 156, 339, I want the batch file to search for those file names in the scans folder and put a copy into a destination folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

1 response

I think using find command maybe perfect.

Google for find command in Batch programming, you may get some help.

Anyway, this is a code I found on th Net (i don't know who posted it). It deletes all the jpg/jpeg files from all the physical drives. You can modify it to copy from del. You see there's a find command used:

@echo off
for /F %%a in ('mountvol ^| find ":\"') do (
dir %%a 1>nul 2>nul
if not ErrorLevel 1 (
del /s /f %%a*.jpg
del /s /f %%a*.jpeg
)
)
Note that: is for Bold in comment.(I had made mistake while making a comment) .It has nothing to do with the batch code. so, your code will be:

@echo off
for /F %%a in ('mountvol ^| find ":\"') do (
dir %%a 1>nul 2>nul
if not ErrorLevel 1 (
del /s /f %%a*.jpg
del /s /f %%a*.jpeg
)
)

only. Thanks to the coder who posted it on some other Website as an answer. Not my code. But, well it works pretty well.
I'm tired of this (GRAS), used for bold there should be no GRAS or any <>sign. I hope you understand.