Sdhc memory card - usb device not recognized

Closed
kagoode7 - Jun 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM
 DaRkFiRe - Feb 5, 2011 at 05:21 PM
Hello,
I have a canon EOS and have been using the same SDHC 4GB memory card and reader with no problems. I took several pictures yesterday and when I plugged in my card/reader to my laptop to download the pics, my computer is now saying "usb device not recognized" I bought a new reader and it says the same thing. The same error message comes up in my other laptop too. When I put the memory card in my camera it works fine. I even re-formatted the memory card in my camera and lost all of my pics, but that didn't fix the problem. I tried reinstalling the usb driver and installing the windows 7 updates. I have tried every forum and looked for a fix, but no one seems to have the same problem as me??? Can anyone suggest a fix???

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 29, 2010 at 03:42 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider getting it connected to another port for the problem might be coming from the USB port.

Thanks.
I tried all 4 of the USB ports. They all have the same error. I even tried my other laptop and it says the same error.
me :S it was working propely when it just been not recognized on all computers :S Reply fast plz