ITunes install stuck 'Registering iTunes...

Closed
clubba - Jul 2, 2010 at 04:41 PM
 Freddypop - Jul 5, 2010 at 05:50 PM
Hello, I am trying to install iTunes. I downloaded it from itunes official site.
So I ran it and it nearly finished but when it got near to the end, it got stuck and it said
'Registering iTunes automation server'
I was stuck there for about 4 hours but then I closed it.
Help!

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jul 2, 2010 at 04:44 PM
Greetings,

Please clean you cache, all temporary files, cookies, etc and redownload I Tunes.

Good luck
Go to apple and download the lastest version of itunes....www.support.app;e/download. Save to desktop...

uninstall all apple software then reboot via Programs and features. Launch msconfig and choose selective startup under the general tab. Then go to the statup tab and place a check in the "hide MS windows" box. Then deselect all other startup programs. Click apply and reboot.

After rebooting you will need to go to task manager and shut down firewaal and antivirus. Then reinstall software that you saved at the beginning on your desktop. Should load completely.

Then reboot once installed.

After rebooting then return to msconfig and select normal bootup on the general tab. click apply and reboot again.

That's it.