MICRO SD CARD NOT WORKING.

Solved/Closed
Anon - Jul 11, 2010 at 03:01 AM
 cp prajapat - Dec 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Hello, I've recently had problems with my micro sd card. When I plug it in to the computer via Micro SD USB adapter, it tells me that it needs to be formatted, but when I try to format it, it tells me that it cannot be formatted.

Now, I've tried several things.

I've tried using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, but it tells me that it's write protected. I've tried removing the write protection by editting the registry thing by running registry edit, and putting the value of write protection to 0, but it still says the same thing.

I've tried converting the D: to FAT, but it says it can't convert RAW devices. Now, I'm not sure how it became a RAW device, but it did, and I would like to know how to get it back.

I've looked through the forums, and I've also googled many things, so much that I can't really remember.

Now, don't tell me that my Micro SD card is corrupt or broken, because it has NDS Roms on it, and those roms work when I put it in my Acekard and play it on my DS, so I don't think the Micro SD card is broken.

If anybody can answer this, please do.
And if there's a way to fix this without reformatting and losing my information, then please tell. But if not, It's okay, I'll use Recuva to get some files back after the reformat.

Related:

3 responses

My 2gb mobile memory card is not working [Solved/Closed]
Blocked Profile
Jul 15, 2010 at 06:27 AM
Dear Anon,

Please check whether the problem being experienced is not being caused for the fact that there is write protection on the disk.

Thank you.
no, its not write protected, i found out what the problem was.

my micro SD usb adapter thing was broken, so that was the problem, not he micro sd itself.

i found this out when i tried to insert a different micro sd card into the adapter and it wouldn't work as well.

so i put the micro sd in my phone and use that to put files on my micro sd instead. works fine now. ^_^
no, its not write protected, i found out what the problem was.

my micro SD usb adapter thing was broken, so that was the problem, not he micro sd itself.

i found this out when i tried to insert a different micro sd card into the adapter and it wouldn't work as well.

so i put the micro sd in my phone and use that to put files on my micro sd instead. works fine now. ^_^