Facebook Opening Problems

Solved/Closed
Wendell - Jul 13, 2010 at 08:10 AM
 nick - Nov 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me as I am at my wits end with this... For the last few days I have problems whenever I try to open FB. Sometimes it very slowly opens the homepage; other times it does nothing at all - just keeps saying "transferring data"; other times it suddenly works and then just stops (for no apparent reason!). I thought firstly was a problem with FB server (but not happening to any friends); it is not my ISP as I have tried both in Spain and at home (so different routers; ISPs etc); it isn't a browser issue as doesn't work in Firefox (running Version 3.6.6) and just crashes IE6. ALl other web pages opening without a problem.

I have worked through possible solutions I have found here and elsewhere on the web including changing web address to a https:// connection; disabling firewall; and changing my MTU settings. I have also cleared my DNS through CMD function.

The only thing I can think is that my computer has been running very slowly recently (I have ran Spyboot SD and also Malware Bytes but nothing has been picked up. I have also done the usual - defrag, disk clean-up etc. Also, when I used DrTCP my settings were blank and/or set to "default" if that is likely to mean anything...

I am connecting over a secure WiFi connection. ISP is BT. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I am completely out of ideas!

Many, many thanks!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 14, 2010 at 04:32 AM
Dear Wendell,

Please confirm with the Facebook Support whether the account has not been disabled and also use an online proxy in order to access to it if it has been blocked by the administrator.

Thank you.
hey thanks!!!!!