Computer powers on but does not boot

Closed
Julie - Jul 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM
 chad Jamaica - Aug 29, 2011 at 02:42 AM
Hello,

I am trying to respond to another post, but I am not sure if I am in the right place. On Dec 22, 2008, DJ Akshay wrote:

"...The processor cannot be faulty but still if you want to check it, remove the CPU Cooler fan. Then turn on the PC.

Place your finger on the processor for 2 seconds. You should find the processor heating up. Then turn it off immediately. If this works then your processor is good.
Remember not to leave it ON for more than 5 secs."

My question is this:

If the motherboard is bad, will the processor still heat up. I am trying to determine if the problem is the processor or the motherboard because I bought them from seperate companies and of course, they each want to blame the other. Long story short, replaced motherboard and processor, now fans are running, but no video at all. No words on screen, no beeping at all. I took ram out and booted like that and it didn't even detect that ram was missing. No beeping. Also removed battery and booted, same thing, no beeping, nothing. Unplugged everything from motherboard other than front panel power, booted it, no beeping, no video, nothing. So trying to determine if it is motherboard or processor problem. Anyway to test the processor if the motherboard is not working? Or test motherboard if processor is not working?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

Related:

3 responses

toubib32 Posts 91 Registration date Tuesday June 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010 4
Jul 13, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Hello Julie, :)
although it was a well edited text, I did not understand if now you did got the problem or you just want to know for knowing :)
Anyway, you could try another processor knowing as functioning with your motherboard as you could try a knowing fine motherboard on the processor :)
Is it the answer to your question?
PS: Who is DJ Akshay?