Xp with windows 7 printer sharing

Solved/Closed
vishu - Jul 18, 2010 at 03:18 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 21, 2010 at 01:27 AM
Hello,

I have two systems. in one system there is windows xp and another with windows7.
I want to connect printer from xp to windows 7 PC as printer is installed with windows 7.
Also I am unable to share files and printer with windows xp.

Pls advise.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 21, 2010 at 01:27 AM
Log in to the computer that is attached to the printer with a user account that has administrative privileges. Ensure that the printer is installed (including all necessary drivers), turned on and properly connected to the computer.
Open the Windows Firewall on the computer connected to the printer (click on "Start," "Control Panel," "Windows Firewall") and configure the option that allows you to share files and printers with the network. Make sure this option is set to allow sharing.
Click on the "Start" button, then on "Printers and Faxes." Right click on the printer you wish to share over the network and click the "Sharing..." button. Choose the option to "Share this printer" and enter a name for the printer, then click the "OK" button.
Go to your laptop and ensure that you are connected to the network. Click on the "Start" button, then on the "Printers and Faxes" button. Click "File," then click "Add Printer" to open the Add Printer Wizard.
Click the "Next" button, then choose the option to add a network printer, then click the "Next" button again. Choose the option to browse for a printer, press the "Next" button, then search for the printer that you shared in the network and computer list. Select the printer by clicking on its name, then click the "Next" button. When asked if you want to add the printer and install print drivers, click the "Yes" button. Once the installation has finished, click the "Finish" button on the Add Printer Wizard and the printer will be added to your computer.