Ask a question Report

Cannot hear sound from headphones [Solved/Closed]

kbreddy - Latest answer on Nov 30, 2012 05:40AM
Hello,
I could not hear sound from headphones but headphones are working properly.Sound is coming from speakers but not hear sound from headphones.please send me reply.
Read more 
Answer
+300
moins plus
I've got the front and back audio connectors working simultaniously on my Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R) with Realtec drivers.

Activate the 'Mute the rear output device when a front headphone plugged in' under the advanced settings menu.

Click on Folder Icon next to Analog. Click on the 'Disable Front Panel Jack Detection' button.

I've got both green connectors set to headphone.

Only the 'Speakers' icon is showing....no '2nd Output Device' is showing.

It has always worked for me.

Dan- Nov 16, 2012 08:38AM
Hi, none of these methods are working for me. I've got the sound out of the rear output jack but can't find anything to change it to the front jack! It is really frustrating me! :@
kfm92102- Nov 16, 2012 10:21PM
Theres no "sound option" please be more specific, if by that you meant right-clicking the taskbar horn icon or accessing sound/audio device through control panel neither of those give us access to such options (properties) (headphones) so im still confused? this problem is frustrating enough i wish someone would be more clear about this
Dan- Nov 17, 2012 11:21AM
Yes, thats what I mean. I can access the properties and icon on the toolbar but no choice is given onthe Realtek Audio I/O Menu. I get the spanner button on the right of the word 'Analog' but that only gives me the choice of seeing whether or not I want to enable a pop up dialog when a device is plugged in! I get sound out of the rear jack but I want my earphones to work in the front jack port. My computer recently went in for a hardware change and came back with this problem. Any help, much appreciated.
happyface- Nov 25, 2012 06:46PM
it worked. thanks
Mian Asif- Nov 30, 2012 05:40AM
it is problem sound driver related update your sound drive then problem solved.
Answer
+91
moins plus
If you followed all the advice above and still cant find a cure, I might have another suggestion for you.

1. First be sure that you are not sharing ports in the front and back. The green port in the back is the same port thats used as a headphone in the front. The same goes for the pink microphone jack. So be sure only ONE of these (either the front or the back) is in use.
2. If no sound comes from the front jacks, go into "Reaklek HD Audio Manager" and in the "Audio I/O" tab click the little wrench button next to the word "Analog."
3. In this setting, CHECK "Disable Front Panel Jack Detection."
4. Click OK and suddenly you should be hearing audio and recording with your mic from the front jacks.

Hope this helps you guys, Good luck!

Rayaneh 2Posts Friday May 14, 2010Registration date May 14, 2010 Last seen - May 14, 2010 12:47PM
Thank you so much Titan :)
Rayaneh 2Posts Friday May 14, 2010Registration date May 14, 2010 Last seen - May 14, 2010 12:48PM
Audioman8i8, Have you checked your Control Panel?
shikher- Apr 29, 2011 09:07AM
u r superb dude thnx very much
Cyberbravo- May 1, 2011 09:17AM
thanks vry much dude... u r awesome
fgfgd- Oct 30, 2012 09:17PM
i cant find the wrench button
Answer
+35
moins plus
I juz reformated my computer to XP pro and the computer does not read my headphone device. wats the problem here?

Answer
+28
moins plus
hello, i have problem with my pc headphone, i only hear sound from speaker but the microphone of the headset are working my concern is how i could use speaker and my headset at the same time with out unplug one of them.

Answer
+16
moins plus
Using both front and rear panel? Front panel for headphone and rear for speakers? Then, speakers working, headphone not? Here's a little trick:

Open Realtek HD Audio, select Audio I/O, click the "Connector Setting Icon" right side of the "ANALOG"
text, after clicking it, a Connector Setting Window/Dialog Box will pop out.

There are three check boxes on it, the Disable, Mute and Enable, Mute/2nd box and Enable/3rd box already had checks on them, put a check on the Disable/1st box.

Test your headphone and speaker, they should both working now. Uncheck the Disable/1st box later.

Hope this help you guys.. Sorry for my bad english.. ^_-

z- Mar 22, 2010 04:22PM
how do you get to Open realtek hd audio?
alissa- Apr 13, 2010 04:08PM
i got to the part where it says analog but there's nothing next to it...
adrian- May 2, 2010 09:50PM
hey the only option i have is the enable one . please somebody help me..........
thomas- May 6, 2010 04:55AM
thanks a lot for your guidence
paolo- Oct 30, 2012 09:25PM
i cant find the "connector setting icon"
Answer
+12
moins plus
Having the same trouble with Realtek HD Audio and headphones not cutting out the speakers since I applied SP3 to an XP media center PC. Disconnecting the external speakers has no effect although Realtek control panel still recognises when I plug in the headphones.

Answer
+9
moins plus
yea and i forgot too tell you that i have windows xp versoin 2002 home edition

Answer
+9
moins plus
I am not getting sound through my Bose earphones thru my Inspiron laptop. I am running Vista. How can I solve this problem?

Answer
+6
moins plus
hello, ive just recently brought a headset.

I have usb speakers and I unplugged them out of the back. I then put my headset into the green and pink ports and the pink (microphone) works fine. The green one however doesn't. No sound comes out of my headphones. I tried them in the monitor and it doesn't work. I then tried all the sound stuff on the computer and changed it to headset etc. I've just ordered some more speakers that have the 'holes' to put my headset in. But, The speakers will probably need the green port and now I'm worried that I've wasted more money. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Thankyou

Answer
+6
moins plus
SOLUTION FOR ME
GO TO DEVICE ADVANCED SETTINGS LOCATED AT THE RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE SCREEN IN REAL TEK HD AUDIO BLA BLA N MAKE SURE THE ''Mute the rear output device, when a front headfone plugged in'' IS HIGHLIGHTED THIS HAS SOLVED MY PROBLEM I STAYED UP FROM 11PM TO 2:42AM TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT.............. NEVER EVER MESS AROUND WITH BUTTONS IN REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER.

Answer
+5
moins plus
Go on Realtek.

Just press speaker off. You should get the headphone sound if you have them plugged in.

I have an Advent K laptop.

Answer
+4
moins plus
Go on Realtek.

Just press speaker off. You should get the headphone sound if you have them plugged in.

I have an Advent K laptop.

Answer
+3
moins plus
Helllo

aright i have reinstaaled everything becasue just like a month ago i got a virus in my computer but now everything is working perfect but my speakers do not work ... but i do have built in speakers on my montior and it still doesn't work ..a and after all that i tried using the head phones and it doesnt work still .. thank you plez reply.

Answer
+3
moins plus
maybe try buying headphones splitter??? i went on youtube and it works for me.. the headphone splitter plug into the hole and then connect your actual headphones into the splitter holes and there

Answer
+3
moins plus
check the sound and audio properties set setting advance set the speaker set up to headphone

Answer
+2
moins plus
hi i have a similar problem..

my music (mp3) on my computer works fine with my headphones, but when i go play a recorded lecture (wav) it plays through the laptop speakers.. i then tried moving it onto my hard drive as i was playing it through my USB but same thing still not playing through headphones. i have microsoft lx-3000

can anyone help me?

Answer
+2
moins plus
I Can't hear People on my Headset just volume+&-

Answer
+2
moins plus
Ask a question
Message list Discussion Forum list
Not working headphone
dipak.rana - Oct 29, 2012 1:02pm GMT
Unfollow - Edit
Hello,
I am using new headphone at this time. i have plug the headphone correctly . it can record my voice but it not give sound.
Please give me solutions

Answer
+1
moins plus
cheers titans, worked like a charm: just check that disable front panel detection checkboc

Answer
+1
moins plus
after i reformat my vaio notebook ,i also got same problem.but i solved it , disabled the microphone then i heard the sound coming from my headphone @@ XD

1 2 Next
This document entitled « cannot hear sound from headphones » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.