NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED

Solved/Closed
missmojito Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2010 - Jul 26, 2010 at 03:32 PM
 EthioRoute - Mar 24, 2017 at 09:32 AM
Hello,

I have Hp Compaq Presario F700, my sound card is not working anymore. It says no audio output device is installed. Unfortunately, there is no "sound, video and game controllers" in device manager, and also my sound device is not seen in device manager. My sound appeared a few days ago, but after a restart it has gone again. I tried to install the driver over and over again, but it says "could not find MEDIA device for this driver" I don't know what to do! Please someone help me.

My Operating System is Vista.
AUD?O: Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221
Related:

6 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 27, 2010 at 08:36 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

First download the "Chipset" drivers and install it ---> then try installing the

audio drivers. If the problem still exists try updating your BIOS.
hi I had my packard bell in a computure shop for a complete disc drive clear when it came bk the sound was working and continued to work for 6 months now it has gone off and keeps saying no audio output device installed what can I do please to fix it for free
Giota > christine
Nov 7, 2015 at 02:12 AM
I had the same problem. In case you haven't find a solution yet. Try this, disable your antivirus (all of them if you have many), uninstall any sound related program (I had VLC media player), restart your computer...after rebooting the system will find your sound hardware and install the driver automatically. You may enable your antivirus again. Try to install only the appropriate to your OS software.I had the VLC installed to a previous windows version and I used the same package to a newer OS. It appears that there was an other package suitable for my new OS...that caused me a lot of problems.
I am very 10Q, Very Helpful!