Acer Aspire M1640 no signal.

Solved/Closed
r0ck3t0wn3r Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2010 - Aug 1, 2010 at 01:10 AM
 LeedsTek computers - Jul 15, 2016 at 08:30 AM
Hello,

Ok my acer aspire m1640 has no display on the screen.It just says "no signal" and the computer doesn't boot but it powers on and the USB mouse gets power but not the USB keyboard so I can't get into safe mode.I had to reinstall windows 7 after a BSOD because of installing trend micro internet security.When it was near the end of the install it had to reboot but it didn't so I force reboot it and then it said no signal.

i've also reset the Cmos numerous time but to no avail.

I'm not sure if it matters but during the install,It was detecting video drivers and it went to a no signal screen and I thought it froze so I force reboot it.

3 responses

Thank you for contacting Acer America. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

From your mail, I understand that your system has an issue regarding boot up.

I have verified your serial number and found that your system is out of warranty.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Please perform a power reset in order to resolve the issue.

1)Unplug the power cable from the back of the unit.
2)Press and hold the power button on the unit for 30 seconds.
3)Release the power button and plug the power cord back into the back of the unit.
4)Press the power button and see if the unit powers up.

To resolve the issue, If you are interested, we can pull your computer for depot repair. However the system is out of warranty , we are extremely sorry to inform that Acer cannot give warranty advantages. That means you will have to pay for the repair . The cost for repairs will be 199$ USD. Please note that you have to pay one-way shipping charge for making a depot repair.

If you are ready for Depot Repair please confirm it in your reply mail.

For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Have a great day!

Respectfully,
Acer America
Online Technical Support