My computer keeps freezing

Solved/Closed
jayy - Dec 9, 2008 at 01:31 AM
 linutzu - Jan 10, 2013 at 09:30 PM
Hello,

Everytime I start windows XP & log into my settings, My computer freezes & I have to go into safe mode. I have no clue why & have done numerous scans for viruses, spyware, etc. I have come up with nothing. If anyone can tell me why its doing this & how to stop it without spending money that would be awesome. I really need the help as a I am a college student & most of my work is on this computer. I can't afford it to be crashing before next semester starts.
Please reply with help ASAP.

- JAYY.
Related:

25 responses

My Toshiba Laptop Is having a similar problem. It started a few days ago where whenever I log in either normal mode or safe mode, after a period of time of opening the browser or sometimes opening nothing at all.. My computer doesnt respond and then freezes and I have to restart it by holding power button.

I have already uninstalled my main browser firefox, and I am now using Internet Explorer and the problem has not changed.

I seriously need to get this fixed, as I have not had the computer that long and need it for studying.

Any help? Thanks in Advance.
Okay mine does the same thing, I have the same exact computer and I thought it was just my computer doing this stuff I get into something really important. And it freezes and no matter how long you wait it out it never goes away I need to fix this so badly):
I have the same problem too. My computer will work fine, but if I try to watch a video or something the screen goes blank. I have a Toshiba.