Transfering sound from laptop to TV with HDMI

Solved/Closed
Jacob - Updated on Jan 9, 2019 at 06:14 AM
 cavanessrd - Apr 8, 2020 at 08:54 PM
Hi,

I have a Dell Studio XPS laptop and I am trying to convert what I watch on my laptop to my television using an HDMI cable. The picture transfers fine, but the sound is an issue.

I have already changed my default sound to the HDMI cable under the control panel but it still sometimes plays from the computer. Every now and then I can get the sound to stop playing on the laptop, but then the sound continues to just not come out of the laptop or the television.

Please help me!
System Configuration: Windows Vista / Internet Explorer 8.0
Related:

2 responses

Hi,

Had similar problem with Windows 7 in Toshiba laptop and Toshiba TV. Video output through HDMI cable was fine but sound was not coming from the laptop. It worked almost fine for a year (both sound and audio out of TV through HDMI) but stopped working all of a sudden.

How did I fix it? Here is the answer:
  • Start > Control Panel > Sound Playback tab.
  • Your TV should be one of the playback devices listed. If not, right click inside the device list box and select Show disabled devices.
  • Now that TV is listed as a playback device, right click on it and select Enable.
  • Then right click again and select Set as default device.
  • Green check mark should now appear on TV icon and sound should now come from TV with video.

Hope, it works!
Thank you sooooooo much! I can't believe how easy that was....You're the Greatest!!!!!!
computerproblemgirl
Nov 17, 2012 at 01:28 PM
omgggggggggggg thannnnkkk youu sooo mucchh I lke love you right now <3