Processor runs for 5 mins only then stops

Closed
Aadhi - Dec 10, 2008 at 01:21 AM
Aadhi Posts 17 Registration date Tuesday December 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2009 - Dec 10, 2008 at 04:11 AM
Hello,
While I switch on my Desktop it passing BIOS and BOOT but while the OS (WinXp) loads it Processor and SMPS stops in normal case. I've tried to open in Safe Mode, where it is running properly. So, I attempted to format and reinstall the OS, where while the BOOT cd loading all the drivers, the Processor and the SMPS switching off, however the power is there (Green light glows)
Once it is switched off, it is not getting on again immediately, we have to keep the system completely power off for some time before we try to switch on the system. I'am confused whether it is a Hardware or Software problem.
I installed Kodak digicam software before this issue happened. Please provide me a solution for this.

Thanks!
Aadhi
Related:

2 responses

sammar20072008
Dec 10, 2008 at 01:37 AM
HELLO ,,
this problem occure may by software or hardware but in this case in hardware because windows reinsatlled

so ,, please check the lide of harddisk drive if the lide if off change the harddisk drive ,, or may be the of the harddisk is cause this problem
Aadhi Posts 17 Registration date Tuesday December 9, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2009 3
Dec 10, 2008 at 04:11 AM
Hi,
I've attempted to reinstall the OS, however didn't install. Also it switches off when i tried with BOOT cd too, where BOOT cd works independently of Harddisk (My belief).
Anyway let I make a try in your prespective by changing the Harddisk. I've installed Kodak Digicam software before this issue happened.

Thanks!
Aadhi