Ask a question Report

HOW TO UNINSTALL AVG & QUICK HEAL ANTIVIRUS [Solved/Closed]

gshunmook - Latest answer on Jul 18, 2010 08:22AM
Hello,
HOW TO UNINSTALL AVG & QUICK HEAL ANTI VIRUS.
I HAVE UN INSTALLED THE QUICK HEAL and AVG anti virus but whils installing new version of quick heal it shows that remove ur older version. same problem i am having when i install kaspersky antivirus software it shows pl remove ur AVG.
PL HELP ME WHAT TO DO?
Read more 
Answer
+29
moins plus
i had install the quickheal antivirus. after expire time i had removed from my system. but due to some problem i had to restore my system.then when i install the quickheal antivirus after restore a message is displayinf uninstall the previous version. i have install the window xp in my system.

please give me some software in which i can uninstall the previous version.

SaifCoolx- Jan 28, 2009 06:47AM
Use this

Quick Heal Removal tool

http://support.quickheal.com/...
Answer
+22
moins plus
If u are facing uninstallation problem or after the uninstallation quickheal show is already installed then follow this steps

I will guide you for the forcefully uninstallation process

1) Right click on c drive (root drive) type hq*.* you will see hqstat.mnt & hqstat.mtl sometime you find hq386.win so delete that file

2) Go to programm files delete or rename the quickheal folder

3) go to regedit - go to- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths then delete ACAPPAA.EXE, SCANNER.EXE & QUICKUP.EXE

after that just restart the computer, & your problem is 100% solved

Reply me if you face any problem about the Quickheal or any operating system problem

aravind- Jul 18, 2010 08:16AM
thaks a lot dear. it worked perfectly. 100%. thank you.
aravind iob- Jul 18, 2010 08:22AM
thanks a lot dear. it worked perfectly in removing quickheal.
Answer
+16
moins plus
Hi

Please, Follow the instructions provided on this site:

http://www.quickheal.co.in/installation-uninstallation.asp

Answer
+7
moins plus
Quick Heal is not a real legit software, as it can corrupt your computer, AVG is a good antivirus, and much better than Kaspersky. You need to use Add/Remove programs to remove AVG, then restart the computer and remove any more folders/files left behind in Program Files that relate to it.

Quick Heal contains malware, so you will need AVG or Spybot, or Adaware to rid yourself of it.

Answer
+5
moins plus
Click Uninstall Quick Heal from Start-Programs-Quick Heal group.
Quick Heal Uninstaller will prompt for the deletion of Reports. If you wish to reinstall Quick Heal after some time then you can uncheck Remove Report Files. Otherwise proceed by pressing OK.
Uninstaller at last will prompt you to restart your system for changes to take effect

Answer
+4
moins plus
I had the same problem. I could not download files or remove avg. This worked for me.

If is not possible to download any file (they disappear after download), please remove this file from AVG program folder "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgoff2k.dll" (for 64bit systems "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG8\avgoff2k.dll") and restart system.

You should then be able to download

Then How to uninstall AVG:
- Download AVG uninstall/cleanup utilty and run it ( if running Vista or Windows 7: remember to right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator"):

For 32 bit Windows versions avgremover.exe

For 64 bit Windows versions avgremoverx64.exe

This document entitled « HOW TO UNINSTALL AVG & QUICK HEAL ANTIVIRUS » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.