Fences unable to load, dialox box says...

Closed
linux7592 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday July 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2010 - Aug 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM
linux7592 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday July 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2010 - Aug 30, 2010 at 04:11 PM
Hello, the full title is "Fences unable to load, dialog box says Fences has been compromised".

I am in a serious situation here. You see, i have some software from Stardock (the people who brought to you WindowBlinds). The following software is on my computer (also running XP). i have Object-dock (one of the many dock simulators there are) and Fences (the problematic software i have). don't let the name Fences confuse you, fences is the name of the desktop icon organizer from Stardock. this is where the problem comes up. For some strange reason (at this point, of course), Fences did'nt load when i went into my dad's account (on my computer. at this point i was trying to install Visual Basic 3.0. i had to hook up my dad's floppy disk drive...) Anyway, when i went to run it, a dialog box popped up which said this (not the exact dialog box):

Fences does not seem to be loaded.

Anyway, the Fences management screen came up. i closed the window. Later, after me and my dad gave up on installing visual basic, i decided to recover with a snapshot. I tried to get back into the Fences management window, but ultimately, i got this dialog box:

Fences has been compromised.

you may have to reinstall Fences.

This actually is a problem. i am doing to do a full scan using Malwarebytes anytime soon, but until then, i have to rely on Avast! antivirus to keep me protected.

can anyone please help?

2 responses

linux7592 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday July 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2010 1
Aug 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM
i have a lot of other software on my computer, so one of the possibilities may be that the process to run/load Fences may be simply be swapped with other software in my start-up folder trying to run or the computer may be trying to run ExplorerHack.exe. (i remember successfully changing the shell from Explorer.exe to ExplorerHack.exe in the registry editor.) because of these processes, they could conflict with trying to load/run fences and having to compromise it.
linux7592 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday July 1, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2010 1
Aug 30, 2010 at 04:11 PM
for your information, explorerhack.exe is the thing used to illustrate XP on my computer. It looks similar to explorer.exe, but the start button text says VIP. i can't supply a picture at this time.