Toshiba Laptop a215-S7437 Black Screen Lit LC

Closed
Jacob S - Aug 13, 2010 at 12:59 AM
 Jacob S - Aug 13, 2010 at 09:06 AM
Hello,
I'm working on a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7437. This laptop will start up everything is find but the first time I booted it by myself it took like 10 minutes then threw a 0521 checksum error for the cmos battery so I figured the battery is low let it recharge for a day or two then try to see if it will boot up. It boots with no checksum error everytime now. Now my problem is that it runs POST and I dont hear any beeps and then it is supposed to go to the screen and start loading windows but its just a black screen with no cursor nothing but the LCD is lit up. I tried plugging it into an external LCD and same thing. My first thought was the HDD is corrupted because he said he dropped it so I decided to hook it up to my laptop and try and get it to boot and save some files off of it from him. I ran Chkdsk /f and defrag all that to try and repair any bad sectors it found a couple bad ones and fixed em. Then I completely formatted it and reinstalled windows vista on it through my laptops HDD slot. put it back in his laptop and same thing everytime. It never does anything except for sit there on the lit black screen. I've tried booting from USB Cd everything I could and it does same thing everytime. Any Ideas?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 13, 2010 at 03:21 AM
Hi there,

Try changing the cmos battery and its also not rehargeable .

Thanks
Yes all cmos batteries are rechargable I am 110% sure. plus its soldered to the board.