Beer spill laptop typing wrong characters

Closed
peesterleetie - Aug 17, 2010 at 05:26 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 17, 2010 at 07:12 AM
Hello,

My husband spilled beer on our Toshiba Satellite L300. When I switched it on after it had dried out it made a continous beeping for about a minute then came on, but ever since the keyboard is acting up and now whe I type I get:

w = w2
h = h6
l = lo plus web developer tool
k = ki plus full screen mode
p = p -
spacebar = p

etc.

most of the keys are alright but 0 is not working at all.

Any suggestions?
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 17, 2010 at 05:38 AM
Greetings,

You message is not explicit! Was it stout or ale? Never mind.

There are two possible solutions:

1. With a small pin, try to carfully remove the problem keys and see if you can clean what you may observe as suspicious, if that fails,

2. There is a short circuit and you must take your lappy to a in the flesh technician for repair.

Good luck
Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2010 at 07:12 AM
Hi there,

If you can open the laptop and remove the keyboard yourself and try cleaning it with alcohol,the more you delay the circuits will be damaged and other parts having the liquid will it be dead soon.

If you are unable to do this task then tale it to a professional and needful will be done,if cannot repair the keyboard then unplug it from motherboard and use a usb keyboard or if you have the means for purchasing a new keyboard to fit it then go forward for a replacement.

Thanks