Dell Inspiron mini 1011 restore

Solved/Closed
9884booth Posts 4 Registration date Monday November 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2010 - Aug 17, 2010 at 04:06 PM
 knight1latino - Apr 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM
I'm trying to factory reset my notebook and am struggling with the dell support site to get clear instructions about a system restore to factory settings. I've tried a number of combinations of CTRL and Fn with F10/11 etc and am not getting the restore menu on start-up.

Anybody got some clear instructions?

Help appreciated
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 17, 2010 at 04:18 PM
These are the Dell instructions:
To perform PC Restore:
1. Turn on the computer.
During the boot process, a blue bar with
www.dell.com appears at the top of the
screen.
2. Immediately upon seeing the blue bar, press
<Ctrl><F11>. If you wait too long and the
operating system logo appears, continue to
wait until you see the Microsoft® Windows®
desktop; then, shut down your computer and
try again.
CAUTION: If you do not want to proceed
with PC Restore, click Reboot.
3. Click Restore and click Confirm.
The restore process takes approximately 6 to
10 minutes to complete.

Do you get the Dell logo displayed after you turn on the laptop? If not then you have hardware problems and will not be able to do the restore.

Good Luck
9884booth Posts 4 Registration date Monday November 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2010
Aug 17, 2010 at 04:36 PM
I tried this...no joy...it just goes past the dell logo to the windows screen as if no key is pressed.
I don't get the blue bar as described just the dell log first with the F2 and F12 option, then windows
The above steps are only for XP
stefox916 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2010
Nov 2, 2010 at 08:52 AM
hi guys...new to site..and already impressed . . .tons of info . . . my issue is same as thread opener . . . I need to restore factory settings to dell mini 1011...does the stepa outlined by xpcman work on all mini 1011... ive tried the steps but I cant get it too show me the RESTORE FUNCTION.... wen I hold ctrl and f 11 nothin happens..it just starts windows normally .. . . . . . any help or ideas appreciated.

tnx in advance..ste
yes it works. i'm currently factory resetting an inspiron 1011 right now. repeatedly press ctrl and f11 until the logo screen disappears. if it fails, keep rebooting and trying... if you fail repeatedly then I guess the recovery partition is damaged, or the previous owner reinstalled xp themselves and wiped out the recovery partition. best of luck!
Gracias fue muy util tu ayuda.

Thanks very usefull
9884booth Posts 4 Registration date Monday November 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2010
Aug 25, 2010 at 06:30 AM
I rang Dell help desk (in India) and they say it's been deleted from my machine......my computer geek friend says that's almost impossible to do by accident. So they said there's nothing I can do! Still less than one year old this doesn't seem right. Any idea what I can do?

they used F8 as the key to hit
The second you hit the power button start tapping the F8 key. you will get a menu and from there you can choose the Factory Option.