Shortcut and sticky keys are possessed

Solved/Closed
Stacey - Aug 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 18, 2010 at 03:59 PM
Hello,
I have a brand new dell Inspiron laptop that has the latest version of firefox on it and Windows 2007. I do not use the Microsoft 2007 works that is available, I have XP. My problem--I have turned off ALL of the sticky, shortcut, filter, everything keys and yet when I am typing things will happen like bringing up a new document or a spell check or completely shutting down what ever program I am in. It happens with ALL of the applications that I use, not just online, but when I am using a document on my desk top or anything. It has literally happened in everything that I have used. I am a fast typist and I have the speed of my keys as fast as they are allowed, but why, why, WHY do I have these annoying supposed "shortcuts" popping up in the middle of my typing? My husband has watched my typing, no I am not accidentally hitting the mouse pad, the control key, or windows key. This has been happening ever since I got this laptop a couple of months ago. This is very annoying!

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 18, 2010 at 03:59 PM
Dear Stacey,

You are experiencing a current issue will Dell Laptops. Other people have their cursor dancing all over the place. It is stricly an electronic issue.

You must take the laptop back to have repaired while it is under warranty.

Regards