My computer will not boot up

Solved/Closed
loz - Aug 20, 2010 at 04:34 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 2, 2010 at 04:01 AM
I had the security suite virus on my PC and using advice found online, managed to remove it using CCleaner, rkill and MalwareBytes. Virus was removed, programs opened as they should, I decided to update my AVG internet security. After updating, I ran the virus scan which turned up a couple of issues which required rebooting to fix. When I restarted the computer, it just got to the part where the windows logo shows and the blue line is scrolling across and then it started all over again, just cycling around until I powered off. Can someone please advise me as to how I can fix this. I have tried pressing F8 and using last good congifuration and safe mode but it just keeps cycling without starting
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 20, 2010 at 05:02 AM
Greetings,

In a case such as yours, I strongly suggest that you restart after inserting your operating system's CD and attempt a repair.

Good luck
I'm having the same problem. I updated my AVG and it asked to restart. It does ask if it wants to start in safe mode, normal, etc. but clicking any of those options restarts the computer and cycles back to the screen again. I would also like any advice please..
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 2, 2010 at 04:01 AM
Greetings,

In a case such as yours, I strongly suggest that you restart after inserting your operating system's CD and attempt a repair.