Cant access internet from wifi laptop

Closed
pepsidave - Dec 14, 2008 at 08:56 AM
 sunny - Jun 28, 2009 at 08:39 AM
Hello, I have a Motorola broadband modem, vonage linksys router and bought a dlink dir 628 wireless router. The setup went well on my desktop however my new lonova y430 cannot access the internet I keep getting a " no network found. on my desktop my network show excellent strength. The sales men at circuit city said the laptop should automatically recognize the network. It doesn't.
What should I do or look for
I have the wan port from the modem plugged into the wan port of the linksys router,from the lan port on the linksys to the wan port on the dlink . then from the lan port on the dlink to my computer. and the phone plugged into o the linksys lan port.
I have no trouble accessing the internet from my desktop and my vonage phone works fine, the only trouble is my laptop can't find the network. And yes I made sure the wifi switch was on. After being on the phone with dlink tech support for an hour I have come to the conclusion I should ask you guys instead I get tired of talking to techs that I can't understand. Why India why not polish techs? Oh well that seems to be the future

Thanks in advance
pepsidave
Related:

1 response

motorola modem drivers r not suppoting with vista so better to change the operating system WLAN with windows 7 newer version is suppoting well as am installed with my laptop,as it is giving an competency to Vista(os) in speed. so better to change it can help u well