Desktop icons are gone, taskbar won't show up

Solved/Closed
ImperfectMyth - Updated on Jun 6, 2017 at 03:41 PM
pcdroid13 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday May 30, 2019 Status Member Last seen June 5, 2019 - Jun 2, 2019 at 04:51 AM
I restarted my computer yesterday, and it restarted normally. I got on Myspace, Facebook, and AIM. Random tabs kept opening up containing ads. My McAfee service popped up, saying it caught and removed a trojan. I clicked "ok", and went on. when I closed everything to go to bed, I noticed that my desktop had no icons and I could not open my taskbar. I did find out that I could open the taskmanager using ctrl+alt+delete, and open Firefox and all of my other documents.

I have tried rebooting the computer, doing a system restore, and I used my McAfee 3-User Total Protection to do a full scan of my copmuter for trogans, spyware, adware, and other viruses and it came up with nothing.

I really need a good, full, descriptive answer.

Thank you!
Related:

18 responses

Ok This Is where I am experienced at, either you can:
  • 1. Go alt+Ctrl+Delete at the same time and wait for a box to open
  • 2. when the box is open Click "file" at the top and then Click "New Task (Run...)"
  • 3. When you get another small box with something to type in, type in "explorer.exe" (without the ")
  • 4. Your Taskbar and Icons will now load, If not your computer is corrupt. If that happens take your computer to your local IT Guy and ask Him to install explorer for you because it is corrupt

Or you Can do This : (You Have to know a bit about your computer)
  • 1. Go to Run Like in Above
  • 2. Now instead of typing "explorer" type in https://www.google.co.za/?gws_rd=ssl (or any other web address)
  • 3. Your Default web browser should open. Now type in in the top "C:\" (without ") and your files should open. dont do anything yet
  • 4. Now go Alt+Ctrl+Del and click on the tab "Processes" Find Explorer.exe in that list and click end process.
  • 5. Now In Alt+Ctrl+Del click on the tab "Applications" and end your browser, Normally "Internet Explorer.exe"
  • 6. Restart By going to Alt+Ctrl+Del and clicking "shut down" at the top.
  • 7. This Refreshes your computer and maybe when you have finished restarting you can have your old pc back
thnx love u guys
THANK YOU A LOT GUYS! EXPLORER.EXE REALLY WORKS..... THANKS THANKS THANKS..!!!