Dell inspiron 1525 dead motherboards

Solved/Closed
dub - Aug 23, 2010 at 02:49 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 23, 2010 at 04:56 PM
Hello, i have a dell inspiron 1525 and its gone dead, it wont turn on from battery or power point im told it mat be motherboard is there two, how do i find out or get part numbers any local repairs i contact are saying big money to repairs better of buying a new one its cheaper thank eddie

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Aug 23, 2010 at 04:56 PM
Greetings Eddie,

It may just be a power supply problem. If the motherboard is shot, you be much better off to purchase a new computer (I suggest avoiding Dell which, according to this forum, is experiencing a lot of hardware problems for past 6 months or so.)

With time you can find something that suits your needs for a reasonable or cheaper price and probably will exceed your present model's performance when it was new.

Best regards

P.S. I certainly would not pay to replace a motherboard. But keep the memory sticks, and other accessories. Remember to destroy your hardisk to prevent personal information to get into malicious hands.