Touchpad left click button not working

Solved/Closed
cpt89 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2010 - Updated on Aug 16, 2017 at 07:49 AM
 RebelYell - Apr 27, 2020 at 03:34 AM
I can no longer left-click using the touchpad button on my laptop. The actual touchpad works fine, and so does the right click button. I use the touchpad button quite frequently, so this has become very frustrating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried shutting my computer down and removing the battery, and I have also tried removing the powercord. Neither worked.

I have an Asus notebook, Vista 64-bit.

I'm not very computer-savvy, so please keep that in mind when you reply. Thanks!
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Nov 26, 2018 at 03:38 PM
Hello,

Slightly lift the button at the ends using a pin or anything and blow the compressed air inside it and also at its sides.

Good Luck.
i tried everything with shutting it down and removing the battery blah blah blah, spent maybe 3 hours trying. found ur suggestion, fixed the problem in 30 seconds. perfect
This worked like a charm, thanks! I need to get something really small, so I got a really small pin lying around, lifted it about 2mm, and blew with my mouth. Worked in seconds, thanks!