Can't find cd/dvd windows Xp

Solved/Closed
dav78 - Dec 15, 2008 at 07:49 AM
 umang - Aug 14, 2010 at 04:33 PM
Hello, I have a ASUS laptop windows Xp pro. My problem is I cant get the dvd player to work. It does not show in device manager, there are no upper/lower filters. Sometimes on start-up the system will find it as new hardware only to have it disappear before I can add it. I tried the Microsoft fix but it could not help because of the lack of filters. BIOS shows IDE (non-detected).
Related:

6 responses

Ben,

Thank you for your suggestion. The Microsoft site fixed my problem.

Les
Download this registry fix and it will solve your problem.

http://dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm
that didnt work either :(
worked!
Thank you.
but any idea why, without (de-)installing burningsoftware or things like alcohol 120% or demon tools, I need to do this every some weeks again?
(please answer via pm/mail, im usually not here, thanks)
thnx it worked fine i'm so happy thnx again
this saved me man! +1000 good karma to you today!
wow .. i'm impressed, microsofts link did NOT work .. however this one did: http://dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

the Dell PC did not see the DVD drive at all before, wouldn't even open door, but now works great !!

Thx so much
update last night drive worked fine I was able to watch a dvd. today a different story. the dvd/cd drive does not appear. I noticed last night that even when the drive was working I still did not have any upper/lower filters. Anyone with a suggestion?
go in to device manager locate ur dvd drive and click uninstall and reboot the comp. it should work fine

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I finally had enough. I switched to a Mac. How nice to have a computer that actually works! I have never seen an error message or a pop-up window asking me stupid questions. I don't worry about getting some weird virus or having to pay for ridiculous programs every year like Norton! What a waste. My recommendation to all-get away from Windows as fast as you can!!!!!
I, got the problem with my laptop for reinstalling operating system. The operating system dvd is not working. I have inserted the os dvd and restart the laptop and waited for dell logo when I have seen dell logo immediately I press the F12 button and I have seen boot menu in the boot menu I have seen cd/dvd/cd-rw drive I click and then enter. when I enter I have seen dell logo on screen. This logo goes and comes back again and again. Please give me suggestion as soon as possible.