Connect two hard disk.

Closed
yaseen - Dec 15, 2008 at 10:56 AM
 Mikemx7 - Jul 17, 2009 at 07:43 PM
Hello,

i have connected two hard disk in my single system.. while giving power connection i have got the power for the secondary hard disk from the client power cable which goes for fan power.. while i have switched on the system i saw some fumes from the secondary hard disk powercable.. immedi.. i have switched off the UPS... whether the secondary hard disk will be affected...now when i connect the that secondary hard disk individualy but it is not working.. the system is not getting started.
1..will the hard disk will be affected ??
2.. kindly tel there is any possiblity of recovery of data??
since in that i have many important data.... PLS PLS do help me
Related:

2 responses

Never connect anything that you are not sure off.and never somthing thats is for somthing els.Stop.. take it to the computer shop.you may have berndout some of your power supply.if so you will need a new one. and you may have dammange your hard drive, and if your system had a bad power serge to the mother bord it can be fried as well as your CPU.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 15, 2008 at 02:53 PM
looks like you need a new power supply - the hard disk may be OK - no way to tell until you connect a new power supply.

Some power supplies have a special FAN only connection.
hello..
thank u for ur reply.....i have to change the power cable ah.... when changed the power cable and connected it is not getting booted....
Gags > yaseen
Jul 16, 2009 at 06:59 AM
Hi,

Make sure that both the cables i.e data cable and power cables are connected properly. Data cable is a cable which connects to the motherboard and power cable is a cable which connects to a power supply. In this case, I think you need to check the power cable.

Thanks.