Wifi device problem in acer aspire 4710g

Solved/Closed
muhammadtaqi - Aug 31, 2010 at 08:06 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 31, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Hello,

i hv this acer aspire laptop 4710............im unable to install the driver for its wi fi device (broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN)..........each time i attempt to do so it presents me with the error code 39 saying that the device cannot function properly as the device driver was currupt and in the device manager it shows a yellow tag on the face of the device............initially i installed it from the driver's cd that came along with the laptop, but i hv also tried the driver that i downloaded from the net, it was also of no use....................im running windows xp sp3............is there a hardware problem or its just that im not abl to find the right driver?

please help as i despirately need to get this issue resolved...................its xtremly urgent
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 31, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Hi there,

The driver cd is for which os?xp?vista?windows7?undo last changes made on system like installation of other drivers for external hardware on system for example printer/scanner.First of all install drivers for your internal hardware then install drivers for others,doing this will definitely solve the issue or if you a restore point was created during installation on drivers then restore it back from scratch.

Thanks