Ask a question Report

Bsnl broadband Type II modem with wifi [Solved/Closed]

aks123 2Posts Monday December 15, 2008Registration date December 16, 2008 Last seen - Latest answer on Dec 21, 2012 01:23PM
Hello,
I have BSNL broad band TypeII connection( wifi ). I have the wifi modem, DNS-A211-I. I am able to connect to internet in my PC through EthernetCard. Now I would like to connect to internet from my laptop through wireless. I am able to connect to internet in my laptop via wifi by enabling by" Internet Connection Sharing" in my PC. But in this case I can only log in to internet from my laptop if and only if my desktop PC is On. And I can see that when I log in to internet from laptop , the automatic login will take place in desktop PC. I need to connect to internet from my laptop only by power on my modem( I don't want to on my dekstop PC ). My IP starts with 117.***.*.**.
Desktop Os: Windows XP
Laptop OS : Vista
Please help....
Regards,
aks
Read more 
Answer
+45
moins plus
First Check it the Wireless is turned on in the modem.
You must see the wireless light glow on.
If the WIFI is not turned ON, Check this link to Enable WIFI : How to Enable WIFI.

Before configuring wireless, connect your laptop through ethernet and connect it to http://192.168.1.1
If you were asked for username and password, give the username and password of your modem.
by default BSNL modems have username : admin and password : admin
After login, you will get the router configuration. Here, click on the Wireless Tab.
In Wireless section, give some name in the SSID (Serivce Set Identifiers), this SSID is also know as wireless network name.
Then click on the Security tab below the Wireless Tab. The name given for SSID will appear here.
Select WPA-PSK in Network Authentication and give the WPA Pre-Shared Key.
This Key is the Password for Secured wireless network,Which we need to give in the laptop to authenticate and connect to the secured network.
Give 0 (Zero) for WPA Group Rekey Interval.
After completing the above, Click SAVE/APPLY button. Your wirless configuration is saved now.
Now Reboot your modem, Go to Management tab, and click Save/Reboot
Wait till your modem restarts, Now your wirless network is ready for use.
Connecting to Wireless Network after configuring the WIFI.

Connect your laptop to the wireless network and you will be asked for the password. This is the one which you gave for WPA Pre-Shared Key.
Once you give the password correctly, you will be connected to the Secured Wireless network

Sahil- Jun 19, 2010 07:40AM
Thanks so much dude.. :)
vijay- Jul 1, 2010 09:53AM
thanks a lot... it works for me...
jag- Apr 23, 2011 09:29AM
hiii.....there...thanks a lot..it was really helpful....
ben- Apr 24, 2011 05:10AM
hey gr8 man .......its worked for me.........thanks........
adi- Dec 21, 2012 01:23PM
i had modem bsnl 2 connected to my laptop .now i shifted to new place with new cnnection but with same modem how can i create wireless to this connection.
Answer
+10
moins plus
log on to the router then open WAN then edit PPPoE protocol (first one).
port =0
VPI=0
VCI=35
SERVICE CATAGORY= UBR WITHOUT PCR
THEN CLIK NEXT
SELECT SECOND OPTION PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) AND Encapsulation Mode SHOULD BE LLC/SNAP-BRIDGING.
CLICK NEXT
PPP USER NAME IS YOUR BSNL USER NAME AND PASSWORD
AND Enable Fullcone NAT & LAST OPTION Bridge PPPoE Frames Between WAN and Local Ports (Default Enabled) SHOULD BE CHECKED.

CHEERS

Answer
+7
moins plus
log on to the router then open WAN then edit PPPoE protocol (first one).
port =0
VPI=0
VCI=35
SERVICE CATAGORY= UBR WITHOUT PCR
THEN CLIK NEXT
SELECT SECOND OPTION PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) AND Encapsulation Mode SHOULD BE LLC/SNAP-BRIDGING.
CLICK NEXT
PPP USER NAME IS YOUR BSNL USER NAME AND PASSWORD
AND Enable Fullcone NAT & LAST OPTION Bridge PPPoE Frames Between WAN and Local Ports (Default Enabled) SHOULD BE CHECKED.
...............................srisuribabu .......................

Percy- Jul 6, 2010 07:22AM
awesome!
Answer
+5
moins plus
you need to go to properties and then advanced settings ......enable sharing and the select the type as wireless connection .....turn on WiFi of both the devices or if u dont have WiFi the connect both the devices by ethernet cable to the modem ...the other devicewill be automatically connected to the internet .....u dont need to dial nything fr this device

Answer
+4
moins plus
All u have to do is open Internet explorer and in the address bar u type in 192.168.1.1 an hit enter.This will take u to the modem admin page. Here use the default username and password which is " admin " in both cases to log into the modem console . on the left hand side you will see connection types, choose PPPoE and then on the right hand side of the screen you will get page where it will ask for the username and password again. Here you provide the user name and password provided to you by bsnl . The next few screens just leave them as it is and simply click next . On the last screen click on Save and Reboot button. This will reboot the modem and you will see the lights blinking on the modem . wait till all 4 lights are more or less stable . Then go to the Network connections tab on your PC or laptop and select right click on the icon Local Area connection. Select properties and in the next dialog box select Intenet protocol ( tcp /ip) and then click on properties. make sure Obtain Ip adress automatically and Obtain DNS automatically are selected . click on Ok and close . VIOLA !!! you have the Intenet at your fingertips

ashok- Mar 2, 2009 08:45AM
i have to enable password 4 my wi fi connectivity..................?
killbill- May 10, 2009 03:44AM
i cannot open the web admin page 192.168.1.1 when i am connected to modem and my wiifii light is not blinking or on

do we have to connected to net do access that page adress above can anyy one tell me why...........
???????????????
venkat- Feb 3, 2010 11:27PM
hello is ur modem is type -2 modem
please make the modem reset

if modem is nokia siemens modem
under modem the modem you have so many holes
only one hole is in square type hole please make reset from that hole and u enable w-lan led and connect the laptop via w-lan if any else call me my mobile no:09493280679
magesh- Sep 1, 2009 01:09AM
by using default name and paasword .web page is not accepting
Ajoy- Apr 4, 2010 02:21AM
As mentioned by you, I dont see any option of PPPoE under configuration tab. I get following options ....

Wireless Network
Internet Connection
Local Network (LAN)
Voice Configuration
DHCP Server
DHCP Relay
IPv6 Prefix

What to do now ???
This document entitled « Bsnl broadband Type II modem with wifi » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.