Ask a question Report

Monitor display turned upside down [Solved/Closed]

Nioce21 12Posts Thursday September 18, 2008Registration date June 11, 2009 Last seen - Latest answer on Nov 1, 2012 04:07AM
Hey there,
I'm having an acute problem concerning my monitor. The display has turned upside down and I don't know how to set it the right way. Can you please help me coz it's very disturbing!
Hope to hear from you soon...
Read more 
Answer
+435
moins plus
Hi,
No need to worry, this is a minor disturbance. All you have to do is as follows:
Press and hold "alt" + "ctrl" buttons and at the same time press the navigation keys. The screen display will rotate. Repeat the step until the correct position is obtained.

pakro- Jul 3, 2010 10:16PM
it really worked...thanks dude.
shannon- Jul 7, 2010 09:42AM
its not working its just making the page go up and down?
ARob- Aug 3, 2010 12:11AM
this man is genius.... it worked!!!!!!
nickorizon- Oct 25, 2012 08:22AM
this is the most horrible "Feature" ever invented
Ibrasaleh- Nov 1, 2012 04:07AM
It's Wonderful stuff, and it's work good,,,,thanks.......
Answer
+86
moins plus
ctrl + alt + the up arrow

Answer
+71
moins plus
right click on desktop, graphics options,rotation, click normal, this will fix it Very helpful. It worked great

Answer
+21
moins plus
You can also (if using XP) click CTRL+ALT+ARROW KEY. ..

Answer
+20
moins plus
Yea my kids played with my laptop and somehow flipped the screen too funny. Easy fix once I googled it....

Answer
+14
moins plus
thanks for the advice it worked like a charm, in my case I simply needed to hold ctl and alt at the same time clicked the up arrow and the desktop flipped right side up

evan- Jun 4, 2010 08:04PM
what if it wont do it
Andres- Jun 8, 2010 08:36PM
It works. Thank you so much
alienjoe211- Jun 18, 2010 11:21AM
Thank God someone else commented on this!
I don't know what that first guy said, but the ctl & alt keys did it.

Thanks to you as well!
ARob- Aug 3, 2010 12:10AM
it really works
Answer
+8
moins plus
I'd like to add my name to the list of satisfied customers. A colleague of mine had the same problem just now, and Ctrl-Alt-uparrow did the trick.

Many thanks all

Answer
+8
moins plus
thanks we fixed after a few hours

Answer
+8
moins plus
Hit Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow

Answer
+7
moins plus
Put your fingers on the Ctrl and Alt and press the up key bottom

Answer
+7
moins plus
i press ctrl alt and the the arrow keys (only if u have XP)

Answer
+6
moins plus
My friend's computer had the display turned upside down by her 2 year old son. Your suggestion of ctl+Alt+arrows worked. Thanks so much, I could not find the answer in the Dell troubleshoot guide!!!

Answer
+6
moins plus
quality mate, it worked!. do you know i i can purposely turn my screen upside down so i can stop my kids of using my laptop?

Answer
+5
moins plus
You rock!! My kids managed to pull this one off this time I was so lost.

Lucie- Dec 11, 2009 07:29PM
Thanks, my boy was playing a joke and went out for awhile. I had to google it and found this from you, was even able to fix it reading this upside down. lol......thanks so much!!!!!!!!
Answer
+5
moins plus
on some computers u can use ctrl shift up to revert back to normal try that...

Answer
+5
moins plus
Just hit Ctrl + Alt Up it will be ok oop it helps

Answer
+5
moins plus
Wow that was freaky - thanks dudes

Answer
+5
moins plus
I have Windows Vista and this worked like a charm- I lost sleep over this last night! Thank you!!!!

Answer
+5
moins plus
This just happened to me and I used a combination of these answers to solve it. Just right click on the desktop and then select "Graphic Options." One of your choices with Vista will be "Hot Keys." Just Disable it and you'll be fine. Who wants this as an option anyway?!

Answer
+4
moins plus
I'd like to add my name to the list of satisfied customers. A friend of mine had the same problem just now, and Ctrl-Alt-uparrow did the trick.

I wish all techie problems were this easy to fix...

jeannie b- Jun 9, 2010 07:04PM
thanks this has just worked for me thanks again
1 2 Next
This document entitled « monitor display turned upside down » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.