Can't exit Power saving mode

Solved/Closed
Definer - Dec 17, 2008 at 06:32 AM
 adam - Jan 7, 2013 at 08:26 PM
Hello,
Hi, I've just got myself a brandnew Dell desktop XPS420 with Vista on it. Everything seemed to work fine, but my computer enters Power saving mode at completely random times while im actually on the PC.
For example: I'm writing a document then suddenly my screen goes blank and it says "Entering Power saving mode" after which the green Power-light on the monitor changes orange-ish. When I try to wake it up again, by either pressing keys on the keyboard or move the mouse, nothing happens. Pressing any power-button (or monitor button) doesn't help either and the only thing I can do is hold the Power-button to shut my computer down and reboot it. This happens alot, no matter what I'm doing and I don't know how to solve it.

I've changed all of the Power save mode-settings into 'off', also in BIOS. This didn't help. All Windows updates are installed and running and I didn't install any other programs yet whatsoever.

Can someone explain how I prevent my computer entering Power saving mode? And how I exit that mode, since that doesn't work either.
Related:

31 responses

Worked for me! I was having the same problems, cleaned all the dust and reseated the memory, memory battery and graphics cards. Thanks!!!