Raltek AC97 Audio/Microphone not working

Solved/Closed
sonia - Sep 7, 2010 at 12:41 AM
 falko31 - May 12, 2015 at 01:03 PM
Hello, I just had changed the program in my PC from Windows Vista to Windows XP and now my microphone is not working. Speakers are woerking properly, Can anybodyhelp me???
Please.
sonia hernandez

4 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 7, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

Click on Start --> Run --> Type MMSYS.CPL and press "Enter".

"Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" windows will be opened.

1 )In "Volume" tab -->In "Device Volume" section, Click on "Advanced" button.

Now make sure that "Mute" option is not selected under "Microphone" section.

Also increase the volume by moving the slider to the top.

Note : If "Microphone" option is missing then click on "Option" ---> Propeties -->

Check the check box "Microphone" and click on OK.

2) Click on "Voice" tab --> Click on "Volume" button under "Voice recording". Now

check your Microphone Volume and also make sure that check box "Select" is

selected --> then close it and then click on "Test hardware" and follow the

instructions.

Good Luck.
Thank you so much!
It works now
second step I tried but unable to untick mute button :( please advise
thankyou soooooooooooooo much you have soled my problem.i had read your insruction care fully and I got my solution ones again thankiyou soooooooooomoch.
You're like an angel to me!!!!
Thank you so much !!! :D
soniadinamita Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2010
Sep 7, 2010 at 01:31 AM
Thanks, I tried what they suggested me but said that device is working properly, I dont know what to do.. Need help!!
soniadinamita Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday September 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2010
Sep 7, 2010 at 08:29 PM
The last suggestion I tried but when I have to mark the ""select"" under the miccrophone volume panel, I can not I believe thast the problem Dont Know how to get it mark It.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 9, 2010 at 04:27 PM
Hello,
Is the microphone option greyed out ?