HP laptop LCD won't work, external won't work

Closed
neema - Sep 7, 2010 at 09:42 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 8, 2010 at 08:47 AM
Hello,

I have a hp g60 laptop that had a broken lcd screen. I found the replacement screen online, bought it, replaced it. Now, when i go to turn it on, the screen won't turn on. When I try connecting it to an external monitor, or a tv with hdmi, neither work. help?

Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 8, 2010 at 08:47 AM
Hi there,

Please check the connections on board and close the laptop well before powering on as all parts have a connection in between and is a signal is not being sent or received then it will never power on,if you are confused then better send it to a professional electronic technician and have it be fixed instead of complicating the situation,

Thanks
richardriley Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday September 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 at 06:14 AM
The first step is to turn off the notebook and take out the battery. The next step is to examine the bezel for screws. Then after removing the screws, carefully pull the bezel out. After you have detached the frame away from the screen, examine the back of the LCD panel. The next step is to disconnect the connectors that connect the screen to the notebook. Finally, install the new LCD screen. I found this site when i was searching for a detail step by step on how to replace my LCD screen. http://laptoptroubleshoot.com I hope it helps.