How To Share a Printer between 2 P.C.

Closed
Happs - Sep 8, 2010 at 12:38 AM
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - Sep 8, 2010 at 02:04 AM
Hello,
am want to share my printer. i have 3 pcs in my home am connect it through internet modem. can you tell me how to share using ethernet ?

Related:

1 response

mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
Sep 8, 2010 at 02:04 AM
Check that the software for the printer can be installed on both computers. Install the software on both of them. If for any reason the software won't work on either one, you won't be able to share the printer.
Check to see what type of port the printer uses. It should be either a USB port or a parallel port. (A parallel port and cable use the larger pin plug that is secured with two screws.)
Get a USB switch or parallel port switching device. This is essentially a splitter for USB or parallel cables and should be available at computer or electronic stores. Make sure you get the type of switch matching the printer's port.
Connect the switch to the printer using the cable the printer should include. Then connect the computers to the switch. You'll need two extra cables, and check that you have an open port available on each computer.
Test the connections by running a print job from each computer. Make sure each computer's printer window has this printer selected. If the software is installed and the printer is selected on each machine, each computer should print on the same printer.