Acer Aspire One Will Not Start

Closed
Woody - Sep 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM
 Petar - Sep 11, 2010 at 06:49 PM
Hi,
I received an Acer Aspire One at Christmas (2009). It has given me start-up problems several times, but I have always been able to pull the battery, hold down the start button for 30 seconds, stick the battery back in, and be up and running again . . . but no more. All I get is a black screen. No noise. No flashing lights. No fan. No nothing. When plugged in, the power LED reads green and steady, indicating the battery is full.
Following your suggestion, I went to the Acer site and downloaded the latest bios (3309). I then renamed 3309.fd to ZG5IA32.FD. When I attempted to rename the FLASHIT file to FLASHIT.EXE I got the following message: "Cannot rename FLASHIT: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again." However, there is nothing else running. I feel like I must be missing a step. Any help would be appreciated.
Related:

1 response

I just posted same problem happened to me today on the notebook Aspire One 521 5 days old. Yes new piece bouth on Heathrow. Cant belive that we have same problem reset does not works if you have any solution please let me know on pcukalovicbg@yahoo.com. Please.