Lost Start menu, Desktop icon, Taskmanager

Solved/Closed
DJM - Dec 20, 2008 at 11:33 PM
 brett - Dec 21, 2012 at 03:10 AM
Hello,
I have lost start menu and all desktop icons. I also get taskmanger was disabled by administrator. My situation sofar are:
- I can't get desktop back from taskmanager becuase it was disabled.
- I can't get taskmanager back from menu start > run >regedit becuase I lost startmenu
- I can't do hijackthis or any virus removal from safe mode because my computer is freezed when I pressed F8 with all safemode options.
- Right click, widows key, Ctrl-alt-del, or Ctrl+Esc, or Ctrl+Shift+Esc, didn't work at the desktop.

Now I can access this machine from another computer. I can use this computer to get rid of the virus. It found some virus and I have removed it. But the problems still there.
I try to use software to fixed the registry. But they all fixed on the good machine not the damaged machine.

If anyone has faced this problem and know how to solve it, please help me.

THANKS.
DJM
Related:

7 responses

do CTRL+ALT+DEL and bring up task manager. Then select new task, and type explorer.exe and your start menu and icons should reappear. :)
Many Thanks. You have done a great job. We got it back by typing explorer.exe in Task manager. SSSS
yes thanks so much,,,, you saved me lots of headaches and money - great big hugs to you
Yes this worked for me and that was after days of suffering. It brought tears to my eyes thanks.

Lloyd
great suggestion, saved my time for reformat w7 , many many thanks.