Connect MacBook to Panasonic flatscreen

Solved/Closed
califa - Sep 28, 2010 at 06:44 AM
 johan - Jan 16, 2011 at 09:23 AM
Hello,

I have a problem, maybe one of you could help me out? I connected my MacBook via an adapter for the MiniDisplayPort and an HDMI cable to the TV. The image came over great, but no sound. I guess there must be done something on the configuration but I wouldn't dare on my own... Did anyone encounter this problem. Thank you so much for letting me know if you know how to do it.
Have a nice day

Related:

7 responses

Finally I manage to solve it!
You need to connect the HDMI cable to the TV and with the appropriate adapter to the MacBook. There you have the image, then you use another cable for the sound. You need to change the sound configuration on your TV though to allow the sound to go through. You can do that in settings.

Thanks to all who provided me with useful tips and recommendations.
Happy holidays
with old macbook pro you cannot transfer soubd via hdmi. you need standard sound cable to connext to headset port
You also need to hook up an audio connection from the head phone jack of the laptop to the audio input of the tv. My Panasonic has an audio input to only one of the HDMI ports. You have to use the HDMI port with the audio input next to it. I use my macbook pro this way all the time and it works great. Make sure your connections are long enough to reach to where you sit.
Hey Dave, thank you so much for your quick answer... I will try that, acytually i got a cable yesterday where you have a jack on both sides, like the one you have usually on your headphones, but I didn't realise that the TV has two entries for the sound, for left and right, a red one and a white one... You see that I am bit technologically challenged...
I will get the right cable and then try it!
Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
This is what did the trick for me! I've been searching all over and this was it. THANK YOU!!
Didn't work for me. When I connect MAC to TV I just lose the sound from the MAC but I don't get it from the TV :(
try configure the TV so it uses analog sound and not digital...