Need help formatting a HP dv6000 laptop

Solved/Closed
xerochance Posts 5 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2008 - Updated on Mar 27, 2018 at 12:02 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 6, 2018 at 04:39 AM
Hello,
I have an hp laptop that is full of viruses adwere and spywere I am trying to format the computer but everytime I boot off the disk I get to the install xp but it displays can not find hard disk process cannot continue press f3 to restart and we cycle through any ideas why this is doing this ? and how can I fix it ?
Related:

4 responses

You may need to enter BIOS settings and disable SATA configuration. I'm not sure about your system BIOS environment but try to look for the settings of SATA, and then just disbale it. Or if you are in UAE, I can provide you a Windows XP that contains the SATA driver so you can install XP in your machine wiithout going to your BIOS settings. I can also mail you a CD, if you want.
I have bout hp pavilion dv5 AMD laptop preinstalle windows vista, I need to downgrade to xp but I didn't get the exact driver to compile it with my xp cd.

can you help me? I have the nLite software
Hi...

Hope you are doing well, let me introduce myself, my name Yousuf and working in Kuwait, I have a humble request; I have HP pavilion dv6000 notebook which comes Windows Vista, I would like to remove and install XP SP#, could you please guide me how I can perform this, I have went thru many forums and found that I have to disable SATA Native Support, unfortunately I couldn't able to find this option in my BIOS,

Your cooperation and early support for the same will highly appreciated.

Yousuf
Kuwait
Sorry I forget to give u my mail ID, yoosafm@yahoo.com

Thanks
Yousuf
Jacksonheights84
May 16, 2009 at 12:39 AM
whoever suggested to disable the sata from the bios is a genius n I god damn love you! my brain was hurting trying to figure out how too fix my laptop. Formatting my laptop as we speak
Hi ,

can you please tell me how to disable sata drive at runtime while installing OS ,i have hp dv6000 vista OS,i want to install XP.

Thanks .
xerochance Posts 5 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2008 4
Dec 21, 2008 at 11:04 PM
ty very much after disabling the SATA NATIVE configuration the disk was able to read so far and am currently reformatting the drive hopefully this works
How do you disable the sata native support. I just can't.
Hi thanks a lots it work finally I can instal 2 OS in this computer dv6000 I hope Hp start to thingking not give hard time for the user specialy beginner one more time thanks so much