Ask a question Report

Can't see hidden files [Solved/Closed]

crazy_devil 126Posts Wednesday February 20, 2008Registration date February 6, 2009 Last seen - Latest answer on Dec 5, 2012 06:55AM
Hello,
i got a monstrous problem concerning my hidden files, i can't see them anymore and when i enter in tools, folder options so as to click and see my hidden folders...it returns back to "do not show" any clue????
Read more 
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi,

I have seen all the post and used all tricks that were discussed in this board but My issue is still there. My folder and files are hidden. When i click on my drive properties it shows me 680MB used but its doesn't show me anything.. I used all the solutions that were discussed on this board but no luck at all. I guess it is a virus and i found my register but its values are ok and scan my pin drive with many antivirus softwares but nothing.

Is there anybody there who can help me and solve my issue? I will be very thankful!

Thanks

Answer
+0
moins plus
Thanx for all these replies i should keep this in mind

Answer
+0
moins plus
Ure unbeleivable...Thanx a million

Answer
+0
moins plus
THANKS AMIGO, WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

Answer
+0
moins plus
mention not bro..
aur koi help chahiye ho toh bata dena...
byee n tk cr

Answer
+0
moins plus
log in through administrator then try same thing and u need to remove check points in hidden system files

Answer
+0
moins plus
Answer
+0
moins plus
look guys i had same problem what i did was

(Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHO WALL
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1. This is to show all the hidden files.)

that should be it guys.. formating wont solve nothing on the begining cauze i tried ti 5 times and every time i get same error so good luck for all :)

Answer
+0
moins plus
Thanks so very much. This saved me having to reformat and reload!!! Worked like a charm.

Answer
+0
moins plus
If you want an easy solution for your problem visit this site: http://techrena.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-show-hidden-files-and-folders-in.html A detailed explaination is given there and anyone can solve the problem in seconds..

Answer
+0
moins plus
taAanXxXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxXXxxxXXXX
tan_QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Answer
moins plus
great!!! thanks a lot..now i can see my hidden files.. :)

Answer
moins plus
hi i had the same problem where my hidden folder option never used to work and additionally my yahoo stopped working later on i had issues with opening of other drives as well like C:\ or D'\ or even a pen drive

i got my system reformated and lost all my data i thought it's better than loosing my system it worked well for two days then it came back to the same problem

i finally got rid of it with the help of combofix.exe u can find it on www.myantispyware.com

i think from what i herd this virus is being transmitted over broadband's

anyways i thought it might help

--Niti

Answer
moins plus
well it's the same virus i'll again suggest combofix.exe

download it and run it

Answer
moins plus
ITS MALWARE NAMED KXVO.EXE it is very dangerous program because even you format your pc it is still there actualy there is stil no cure about that malware it is the new main problem. i hav this new software called reg run try them i heared it cleans even your bios try it.

-jhe

This document entitled « Can't see hidden files » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.