Help: Windows XP x64 on HP Pavillion dv6000

Solved/Closed
hemsingh81 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2008 - Dec 26, 2008 at 04:33 AM
 sniffler - Nov 6, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Please help me out i have HP Pavillion dv6000 and want to install win xp 64 bit but when i insert a CD of winxp its show hard-disk not found.
I check about the Sata Native Option in bios but i am not found how to disable that option and please guide me how to install winxp on my laptop.

:-(

Thanks in advance.

10 responses

Hi,

I reinstalled Win XP64bit on my HP dv6000, I got the same error message, but, I accessed to BIOS, disable the Functionnality "SATA" (I don't remember now for the exact function), just disable it, save an reboot, then you can reinstall WIN xp 64bit without any prblm.

Let me know if you need any help.
Regards
Its in BIOS under Stoarage Configuration or something similar. The current setting will be either SATA or AHCPI? you need to change it to "IDE" then F10 to save changes.

Reboot with XP cd in and it will find the drive.

Sorry cannot be exact I don't have an HP with me right now

hth

Jonah
Enter your bios and tap over to "System Configuration".. Then tab down to the "SATA" option and hit F5 to disable it.. Then hit F10 to save..
Actually I'm having the same problem with with that same model that had windows media center 2005. I tried but can't seem to find and disable the BIOS to IDE. When I try to install it, it picks up the windows xp cd, but around halfway through the installation it shuts down. Please help.
Um, no actually I don't get an error message before it shuts down such as a blue screen. I have no idea as to why it's doing that.
First time, it went through, service pack 3, without a problem until it restarted up to the point where it continues the installation. But then it just shuts down. I took out the battery thinking it was defective that way it just runs on dc, however idk whether the power supply affects it in any way. The laptop originally had windows media center 2005 xp, and I'm trying to install xp on it, not xp64.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hello,

I'm exprerienced on Laptop technology, I can make for you a video demonstarting how to enable/desable SATA functionality from BIOS, but I need just some few days to be less based to do it.

but you can email me directly, to anouar28ATgmailDOTcom , I'll be happy to answer to all of your queries.
I can rely to all requests, but if you don't receive any response from me, just remind me and I'll be happy to provide you an answer (maybe mode detail with video, fix, patch,....) all what ever you want.

Regards
Anouar
Hi,

Do you get any specific error message before the shut down? blue screen,..etc?
Did you try with other cdrom for Winxp
did you try to format/install?

Regards
please send me information for windows midia center edition 2005 for hp pavilion dv6000
easyoasy Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday September 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2009 2
Sep 24, 2009 at 05:45 PM
I DELETED MY HARD DRIVE D BY MISTAKE NOW CANT GET RECOVERY DISCS TO LOAD ANY INFO
ON HOW TO REBOOT MY WINDOWS VISTA BASIC THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
how do i get to bios to turn of sata
hey, here's the answer!

I guess we are talking about a InsydeH20 Bios version or similar to that.
This model of HP Computers do NOT have a Bios version that is of any sense at all!!! this way they can make it harder to find a way to install any other system except for vista and get a better contract with microsoft.

allmost all bios settings are locked, and you are not even able to have a look at the status of these settings. so basicly you cant change the harddisk settings without hacking or flashing the bios. but there is a way to get around this problem.
all you need to do is to use a program like nlite to create a windows xp setup cd including the necesary drivers. you will have to download drivers for your intel chip set (and i suggest for some other hardware on your system too) and follow the instructions to slipstream drivers into the xp setup cd. you can find those instructions anywhere on the net.
xp setup will then automatically install the drivers needed to run your harddrive.