HP monitor / computer emergency / issues help

Closed
johannaa - Oct 28, 2010 at 03:50 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 28, 2010 at 06:13 PM
Hello, my HP Pavillion Meda Center m8330f Desktop PC will not turn on. It seems to be turing on but the monitor is not responding and when turned on and then off again the screen says no signal and then monitor is going to sleep. This happens every time, unless the monitor has no response at all. Before this problem occured my computer had to be turned on and off several times before actually starting. Sometimes it even need to be startup repaired and/or restored. When I finally got it to turn on it worked for about five hours straight and when I tried to switch user accounts the monitor went to sleep and I restarted the computer as usual. From there the computer began a disc check. When that was complete it needed to be restarted again, and hasn't turn on (computer and monitor) sicne. HELP. HELP. HELP. HELP.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 28, 2010 at 06:13 PM
you probably have a hard disk failure in the boot sector. any PC shop can replace the hard drive or fix the MBR. I hope you have backup disks. Because, the media center version of windows is hard to find.

Good Luck