Manual Headphone - speaker switch

Closed
fizzzy - Dec 27, 2008 at 11:21 AM
 pimpachu - Mar 7, 2009 at 01:15 PM
Hello, the inside of my headphone jack appears to be bent in a way that my computer registers always having headphones in even when they are not. This results in no sound coming out of my speakers. I was wondering if there was a way to manually set sound to come out of the speakers even if the computer registers headphones being plugged in, since manually unbending something inside of a headphone plug might be difficult... :/

thanks for the help!
Related:

2 responses

There are 4 leads (wires) coming out of headphone jack: gnd, left, right and detect. Your detect line is bent. Un solder this lead, and connect a switch between this lead and the wire that it connects to. you can pick out a nice toggle switch or push button switch from radioshack for between 3 and 5 $. Please note: your headphone jack may have 5 wires - 2 for detect, adjust instructions accordingly.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Dec 27, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Sorry it is a mechanical switch inside the headphone jack - no software involved.