Connecting to wireless router

Closed
jellidawg - Nov 10, 2010 at 11:34 PM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Nov 12, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Hello,
I recently installed a wireless router for my family, so they can use their laptops in other parts of the house. I connected it to the main computer that has a broadband connection. When I tried to connect my notebook to the internet, I chose a new network. Now, only my laptop can use the wireless connection. I can't figure out how to undo it so that others can use the connection as well. Is this just a sharing issue that I can control? or did I connect incorrectly? New at this pc stuff. My husband usually did it.
Thanks!
T

Related:

1 response

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Nov 12, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Your wireless router should be connected to DSL/Cable modem, after that other computers should connect to router with wireless or wired connection in order to access Internet. Check out this wireless network setup tutorial, hope able to give you more ideas.