How can I paste the results

Closed
MAK - Nov 12, 2010 at 06:00 PM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Jan 22, 2011 at 02:24 AM
Hello,

How can I paste the results (complete row) of following find command to another blank file?

Cells.Find(What:="abcd", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate

Is it possible that its ask for word to search berore starting the search in all sheets of a file

please write complete macro for me because I am unable to do that.

Thanks a lot in advance.

MAK

2 responses

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Nov 13, 2010 at 04:15 AM
Quote How can I paste the results (complete row) of following find command to another blank file? UNQUOTE try this
Cells.Find(What:="abcd", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _ 
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _ 
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
Activecell.entirerow.copy   workbooks("book1.xls").worksheets("sheet1").range("A1")

Both files must be open otherwise you may have to give the path.

2. quote
Is it possible that its ask for word to search berore starting the search in all sheets of a file unquote
Not clear. Explain with some examples.
thank you for the reply.

I mean that when I run the macro its ask what to search in all sheets and in what column then find the result copy it to another worksheet of a specified file.
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Jan 22, 2011 at 02:24 AM
It is about two months old. you gave a part macro and modification for that part amendment is given

you musts specify the sheet or column to be searched

e.g.

activesheet.usedrange.select
selection. cells.find(what:="abcd" ...............etc ......etc