Internet disconects when phone is picked up

Closed
iluciferichuu - Nov 13, 2010 at 10:32 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Hello,my problem differs from the rest like it.. my internet remains fine on my computer when the wireless phone is picked up but on my xbox 360 and my psp i instantly get disconnected till the phone is hung up..which is ticking me off because im either on skype talking to my girlfriend or gaming online (things i dont want interrupted)
Heres where it started I have a Ambit u10c018.80 Modem, in which ive tried to change things on bvut cannot..theres only refresh page options, and i have a Net gear wireless N router in which i went into the routers wireless settings and changed it to accept B/G only because the PSP supports G and not N, Ive Tried changing all the connections but none of them work on the PSP except the one i recently changed it to where the phone being picked up and answered make me disconnect on both psp and xbox 360. before this when i only used my xbox and had different settings i was fine. How do i fix this? do i really have to get a splitter? They seem expensive and dumb. Please help soon! thanks!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM
The G router and some wireless phones use the same radio frequency. You can buy a new phone that works on a different frequency.

Good Luck