All folders in external hard drive are hidden [Solved/Closed]

kataraiya - Nov 19, 2010 at 10:19 AM - Latest reply:  rem
- Dec 1, 2017 at 06:49 PM
Hello!

i have problem in my Computer . I am using Windows XP SP2.
The problem is that I don't know what type of threat came in my PC through net or external drive. it hides all my folders of only external hard drive. whenever I open the external hard drive I cant see anything but when I see properties of that drive it shows data. If I know the name of folder like my picture when I type it in address bar I:\my picture then it open n show my data. how to remove this prob?
what type of virus is this?I have tried to scan the external hard drive using kaspersky internet security but I cant see them. plz help me if any body know this.
thnx

victor
See more 

62 replies

jack4rall 6524 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Nov 20, 2010 at 08:11 AM
+246
Helpful
Hello,

Try this 1.

May be the files are in hidden mode.

Click on "Start" -->Run-->type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your external hard drive as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your external hard drive letter.

Now press "Enter".

Now check for your files in external hard drive.

Good Luck.
Thank you so much!!! You just made my day... (y)
Thanks, whoever you are!
awesome ..it worked :)
Thank you so much! Such a great help
Samathani 2 Posts Friday November 19, 2010Registration date November 20, 2010 Last seen - Nov 20, 2010 at 07:27 AM
+27
Helpful
Go to CONTROL PANEL
select the FOLDER OPTIONS,
when the folder option window opens select the VIEW TAB,
see the advanced settings,
there you can see the folder icon with name HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS,
in that select SHOW HIDDEN FILES,FOLDERS AND DRIVES,
then click APPLY and then OK.
Then you will be able to see all hidden files, folders and drives in your computer.
I suggest this only for windows xp.
E-Mail ID removed
They are not talking about HIDDEN FILE, but unfortunately is HIDDEN cause maybe of Viruses or something. I facing this problem too. But your suggestion is for HIDDEN FILE only. My HDD External Hard Disk data also cannot see.
thanks lot..
many thanks. ^_^
+14
Helpful
GR8 JOB.................
BIG Thanks..............
+10
Helpful
this is incredible thanks it worked
+6
Helpful
thanks

it really works

mudassar
+6
Helpful
ITS WORKING BROO THAnksss
rojpetric 1 Posts Wednesday December 19, 2012Registration date December 20, 2012 Last seen - Dec 20, 2012 at 05:26 AM
+5
Helpful
When you say you're backing up your files, are you using the inbuilt "back up and restore" wizard, or are you backing up manually?? The reason that I ask is that back-ups (either partial or full disk images) are inaccessible to anything BUT Windows... the user cannot open those folders up.The reason for this is to make it is as unlikely as possible for those back-up images to be corrupted or tampered with in any way.

http://www.easywaytosellmycar.co.uk