Compaq Presario CQ60 won't turn on

Solved/Closed
albakos - Nov 21, 2010 at 12:41 PM
 laksedona - Feb 16, 2013 at 01:28 PM
Hi everyone.

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 (running on factory-built in Windows Vista Home OEM) and it will turn on anymore. I will try to explain my problem and how it happened, so please bare with me :)

Today, my laptop was on hibernation mode (with monitor flipped down), and when I wanted to start it again, it took long to get back on (around 5 minutes). I thought it was just a freeze, because there were some applications running when I closed the monitor (which activates hibernation) , so I pressed the power button for hard shutdown.

However when I turn it on again from Power button, I hear the fan buzzing and LED lights are on, BUT the screen is blank and it does not show anything. I connected my desktop monitor and nothing is displayed there too. I tried the advices found here about removing battery, removing power source, pressing Power button for 30+ seconds, but nothing is working so far.

I've searched high and low around this forum for my problem and although I tried every advice, I still have this problem.

I am not located in US and don't have Recovery CD's and there's little options for me to get official support.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me about solving this problem if you ever encountered a similar scenario. Please let me know if you guys need more information.

Thanks and I desperately look forward to your replies.

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Nov 21, 2010 at 12:45 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen,

then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot. Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in display problem.

Good Luck.
Thanks for quick reply Jack.

I have tried that and it didn't help. I placed RAM in different slots and nothing happens. Just to mention that I hear no beeps too, which alerts on possible hardware failures.

I'm starting to think it's either a monitor problem or OS corrupt system files (after that hard shutdown). The latter has more chances to be the case here.

Do you have any additional tips?
Many Thanks.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Nov 21, 2010 at 01:38 PM
Hello,
Try once again by connecting your laptop to the external monitor and then turning ON your laptop.
Note : If you failed to get the display in external monitor, then use the proper combination keys(like Fn+F5/ the function key that's having the monitor symbol on it) to toggle between your laptop screen and the external monitor. Let me know if you are able to get the display in the external monitor.
Good Luck.