GTA 4!! I need HELP

Solved/Closed
GTA LOVERS!! - Dec 29, 2008 at 08:24 PM
 latiii - Jun 25, 2010 at 08:17 AM
Hello,
I NEED A VERY SERIOUS HELP!!! i useing Window VIsta Pack 1.. with 1.6Gz onli.. and i bough GTA 4 with ATI HD 2600 <-- grapfic card.. 2gb ram.. but i SOoo Laggy!! I cant even contral the car.. i am so Sad.. Can i Buy 4 Gb ram and Fix it.. Will it Works? and also how abt my 1.6GZ posccer.. HELP ME!! THANKS..
Related:

7 responses

Hello, it is clearly your processor, I have the same processor and it will not be an easy thing to fix. As for purchasing Random Access Memory, that won't help you any, all RAM does is allot a certain amount of megabytes for GTA 4 to squeeze into and be accessed from, as RAM is a lot faster than your HDD. Purchasing more ram won't do anything as GTA 4 only takes up 1.5 gigs most of the time at lowest settings. Hopefully your motherboard is an AM2 slot, in that case, go purchase an AMD Athlon processor, there is a 2.3 Dual Core out for about 60 dollars right now.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 29, 2008 at 09:01 PM
you should search for a GTA4 forum for more specific help. But, I will through in my 2 cents worth.

It looks like your CPU does not meet the requirements.

Official Minimum System Requirements

* Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 OR Windows XP Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
* Memory/RAM: 1.5GB for Vista, 1GB for XP
* Hard Disk Space: 16GB Free
* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 or 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

* Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 OR Windows XP Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz
* Memory/RAM: 2.5GB for Vista, 2.5GB for XP
* Hard Disk Space: 18 GB Free
* Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 or 512MB ATI 3870
i have XP, SP3, geforce 1024mb,2.7Ghz, 9500GT,3gb ram, MD Athlon 7750 Dual Core procesor.can i play GTA4?
hey i am very stumped i just bought a whole new system gtx 285 graphics card the low end i7 processor and a x58 evga mobo with 2 gigs corsair 1600 ram tweaked my system updating bios chipset etc.... and did my voltage and set my ram at 1600 playing gta 4 on med texture quality with everything else pretty cranked and its still laggy dunno if i need more ram or what searched lots of forums and i cant find anything to help me so if someone can tell me something that would be greath thnx
try updating you drivers and see if you can cap the frame limit
gta 4 running too slow in my computar can you tell me how can i fix it?????

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i have fixed the problem for gta 4 (fatal error rmn40)
all you need to do is find the exe file, and change it to windows 2000, it works perfectly now, having loads of fun with it, hope this help
Cooldude
you can just check up the requirements behind the cd pack and then go to my computer and right click the select properties you will see a dialog box you will know that you are having the requirements you need if the requirments are there you need about 6 to 7 gb if there is frequent space in c:/ drive the browse the game to c:
I dont and my PC has a problem i uesing Windows Xp Pack 3 ...Inter R Celeron R .. 892 MB ... with 2.80 Gz but GTA 4 does'nt Work . So i dont noo sorry if you find help please call me in this number (049331849)